White Fudge Cake
White Fudge Cake
This recipe is from the girls over at Eatable.com.au, Em and Ash. They love to experiment in the kitchen to create allergy-friendly, healthy and, of course, delicious recipes. Raw desserts - that is, cooking that’s not really “cooking” - are a health trend that you’ll see splashed all over Instagram, in foodie magazines and on your favourite cooking shows. So just how do you create a dessert without stepping foot near the oven? Well, with a little bit of Koja, the ever popular coconut oil and, would you believe it, white beans! Get ready for your mind to be blown!
You Will Need:
- A blender/food processor
- A bowl
- A spatula
- A colander or strainer
- A cake or pie tin
- Baking paper or plastic film
- A mesh colander or tea strainer (optional)
- 1 cup activated buckwheat
- 4 medjool dates
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbs Koja Protein
- 1 can organic cannellini beans, drained
- 1/4 cup raw honey or vegan sweetener
- 1/4 cup cacao butter
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- A pinch of sea salt
Raw cacao & extra Koja Protein for decoration
1. Prepare the cake tin by lining it with baking paper or plastic film. This will keep the cake from sticking to the pan.
2. Place all ingredients for the base – buckwheat, medjool dates, coconut oil and Koja Protein – into a blender and blend until mixture sticks together to the touch.
3. Pour into prepared tin, spreading to the edges with a spatula.
Tip: If the mixture sticks to the spatula, dip it in water then continue smoothing out the base.
4. Place tin in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
5. Drain the cannellini beans through the colander and and rinse thoroughly.
6. Place into the blender along with the rest of the fudge ingredients – raw honey, cacao butter, coconut oil, vanilla extract, sea salt.
7. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender in intervals.
8. Place back in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
9. When the cake is set, remove it from the freezer and using a fine colander or tea strainer, dust the cake with raw cacao powder and sprinkle some extra Koja Protein on top. (optional)
This cake can be made well in advance and kept in the freezer. At least 30 minutes before serving, remove it from the freezer and place in the fridge or on a benchtop away from direct sunlight.
This category is empty! Please try another category or use our search function to find what you are looking for. If you require further assistance please contact us.