Raw Cacao & Fig Balls
Raw Cacao and Fig Balls
These are the ultimate version of any bliss balls or superfood balls. They're rich and decadent, perfect for mid afternoon, or as a dessert treat. They're gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free and 100% plant based and vegan. They're very nutrient dense too with loads of feel good minerals like Iron, Magnesium, Potassium and Calcium. And a source of Protein and Dietary Fibre, tick tick tick!
What you need:
250g Dried Figs (preferably organic so they're free of sulphites)
Approx 1 cup of hot water
500g Almonds (blended
100g Raw Cacao powder (we love Loving Earth's)
15g Mesquite powder
100g Koja Iron
1. Add the dried figs to a medium bowl and cover with hot water, soak for 20-30mins.
2. Meanwhile, blend the almonds in a food processor to make rough almond meal. Set aside.
3. Drain the water from the figs, but keep aside to add to the mix if needed.
4. In the food processor, blend the figs until smooth. Then add almonds, cacao, and mesquite and blend until combined. Add more of the 'fig water' if too dry, or add more almonds if too wet. The consistency will always change depending on your figs and almonds, so measurements are just a guide.
5. Lastly, remove from the food processor and in a bowl mix together with the Koja Iron. At this stage, it's a good idea to cool the mixture in the fridge or freezer before rolling into balls. It's always easier to roll them when they're chilled.
Store in the fridge for a week, or longer in the freezer. Just remember that these babies are not only nutrient dense but energy dense too, so stick to just 2 or 3 per serve.
This category is empty! Please try another category or use our search function to find what you are looking for. If you require further assistance please contact us.